This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to communicate in the workplace in the resources and infrastructure industries and other industries with relevant work practices and procedures.
It applies to those working in operational roles. They generally work under supervision to undertake a prescribed range of functions involving known routines and procedures and take some responsibility for the quality of their own work outcomes.
Pre Requisite Information
A basic to moderate English language, literacy and numeracy skill level is required.
All participants are required to wear the following minimum PPE to enter our facilities:
- Fully enclosed shoes (steel-capped boots preferred)
- Long-sleeve shirt with high visibility
- Long work pants
Additional PPE may be required depending on the course requirements.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to complete the tasks outlined in the elements, performance criteria and foundation skills of this unit, including evidence of the ability to:
- communicate in the workplace on at least two occasions, including:
- identifying communication strategies and systems
- operating communications systems and equipment to convey meaning to others
- communicating clearly and promptly to others to convey information and meaning
- listening carefully to instructions and information
- participating in group discussions and engage with group members respectfully
- asking questions to clarify meaning
- communicating concisely both written and verbally
- interpreting communications devices
- identifying and reporting communication faults and deficiencies.
There are no reviews yet.