RIIMPO317F – Conduct Roller Operations is a comprehensive, hands-on training course designed to equip participants with the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and effectively operate a roller in various construction and civil works settings. The course is structured to meet the national competency standards and is suitable for individuals seeking to gain a formal qualification for roller operations.
This is a 2- to 3-day course, depending on prior experience and the complexity of the machinery involved.
- Individuals seeking to work as a roller operator in construction and civil works
- Current operators looking for formal certification
- Teams and organizations looking to improve their safety and operational standards
- Participants must be at least 18 years old
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Some prior experience with machinery operation is advantageous but not mandatory
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the regulatory framework and compliance standards associated with roller operations
- Perform pre-operational checks and routine maintenance
- Safely start, stop, and maneuver a roller under various conditions
- Understand and demonstrate correct procedures for compacting different materials
- Employ risk management and hazard identification skills during roller operations
- Effectively communicate and collaborate within a worksite environment
- Complete all necessary documentation related to roller operations
- Understand emergency procedures and safety protocols
- Introduction to the types and features of rollers
- Occupational Health & Safety regulations and guidelines
- Pre-start procedures and routine maintenance
- Basic roller operations including driving, maneuvering, and stopping
- Advanced roller techniques such as compacting gradients and various types of material
- Risk assessment and hazard identification
- Workplace communication skills
- Record-keeping and documentation
- Emergency response and first-aid basics
Participants will be assessed through a combination of:
- Written tests covering theoretical knowledge
- Practical demonstrations
- Observational assessments during hands-on roller operation
Successful candidates will receive a nationally recognised certification in Conduct Roller Operations (RIIMPO317F).
All participants must wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) during the practical sessions. Some providers may supply PPE, but check in advance.
Note: Customized courses for organizations may also be available upon request.