MSMPER200- Work in accordance with an issued permit is a comprehensive training course designed to equip learners with the necessary skills and knowledge required to work in accordance with an issued permit. The course covers various topics such as:
- The legal and regulatory requirements for permit work,
- identifying and assessing hazards
- implementing control measures, and
- communicating effectively with team members and stakeholders.
It aims to ensure that people working under a permit to work understand the system, know the limitations of the permit under which they are working and comply with all the requirements of the permit. The people to whom this unit applies may be called ‘permit recipients’ or ‘permit holders’ by some organisations. Some organisations call ‘permits’ ‘clearances’.
This unit of competency applies to persons who are required to conduct work activities under the authority of an issued permit to work and within the context and requirements of that permit. This typically applies to all work done by maintenance staff and contractors and also to any other non-process work performed on the plant.
By completing this course, learners will be able to demonstrate competence in:
- identify type and scope of permit relevant to the job
- interpret and implement permit conditions
- identify changes to conditions which may lead to the permit being revoked before the job is completed
- monitor hazards and hazard controls.
as well as contribute to the development of safe work practices and procedures. With a focus on practical skills and real-world scenarios, MSMPER200 is an essential training program for anyone looking to work safely and efficiently with permits.
4 Hour face-to-face